- Dinner knife. Upturned stainless steel blade with rounded tip is fitted into pewter bolster and inserted into orange-yellow celluloid handle with straight sides and rounded butt. Celluloid is two-toned; opaque at top 1/3, translucent for bottom 2/3. Scratched overall. Celluloid is crazed.
- Blade is etched: “Robinson Knife Co./STAINLESS STEEL/MADE IN U.S.A.”; heavily faded.
- Maker is Robinson Knife Company of Springville, New York, 1921-present, now Robinson Home Products, Inc.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- knife, dinner
- Object Type
- Other Terms
- Knife, Dinner; Cutlery
- date made
- 1930- 1940
- Robinson Knife Co.
- place made
- United States: New York, Springville
- Physical Description
- metal, stainless steel (overall material)
- plastic, celluloid (handle material)
- metal, pewter (bolster material)
- overall: 3/8 in x 9 1/4 in x 3/4 in;.9525 cm x 23.495 cm x 1.905 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.