- Electric percolator, green molded plastic body and lid, with removable interior metal (aluminum) parts. Pitcher, (A), straight sides, flared bottom, pointed handle, long, pointed, pocket spout opposite, two prong plug underneath handle, no cord attached or accompanying. Printed in serif and sans serif on front: “OSTER/INSULATED”. “OSTER” oval logo embossed on bottom, underneath embossed: “8 CUP AUTOMATIC/ELECTRIC PERCOLATOR/SERVICE NO./600 WATTS/120 VOLTS/A.C. ONLY/MODEL 622/ALWAYS START WITH COLD WATER/DO NOT IMMERSE BASE IN WATER/DO NOT PLUG IN DRY/JOHN OSTER MANUFACTURING CO./MILWAUKEE, WIS./PATENT NO. D207332”
- Lid, (B), is circular, flat, with separate pointed finial in center, clear plastic. Flanged bottom edge.
- Bowl, (C) aluminum, cylindrical, flat bottom, with small holes throughout, center column for aluminum main shaft (E). Cover, (D) aluminum, for (C), concentric ribs and holes on top. Coffee grounds would sit inside (C).
- US D207332 S, April 4, 1967, John Oster Manufacturing Company, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, for “Coffee percolator”
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- percolator, electric
- date made
- ca 1967
- John Oster Manufacturing Company
- place made
- United States: Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Physical Description
- plastic (overall material)
- aluminum (overall material)
- overall: 12 5/8 in x 8 3/4 in x 5 in; 32.0675 cm x 22.225 cm x 12.7 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Edgar Wolf, Jr.
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.