Washington. First in War, First in Peace, First in the Hearts of His Countrymen.
Washington./ First in War, First in Peace, First in the Hearts of His Countrymen.
- Description (Brief)
- Color print, full length portrait of a man (George Washington) standing with a sword in his left hand and gesturing with his right. The background is an interior scene depicting an ornately carved table with books both on top of and under it, columns and red drapery with tassels.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Object Type
- Date made
- Washington, George
- Kellogg & Bulkeley
- place made
- United States: Connecticut, Hartford
- image: 11 1/2 in x 8 1/2 in; 29.21 cm x 21.59 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Harry T. Peters "America on Stone" Lithography Collection
- Patriotism and Patriotic Symbols
- U.S. National Government, executive branch
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.