- The inscription on this sample reads “Cobalt / Electrowon from Co2O3 [&] S206 Co Cobalt / TA Sullivan - US Bur Mines Boulder City, Nevada.” Electrowon refers to a means of extracting metal from ore by means of electrolysis.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Mineral Sample
- overall: 10.9 cm x 3.9 cm; 4 5/16 in x 1 9/16 in
- overall: 4 1/4 in x 1 1/2 in; 10.795 cm x 3.81 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.