- An inscription this sample of gallium arsenide reads “S771 GaAs thin film on Ge / C. Sahagian, AFCRL.” Charles S. Sahagian (1923-2003) was an Armenian-American who received a host of medals (including a posthumous Legion of Honor) for his service with the U.S. Army in Europe during World War II. Following the war, Sahagian specialized in military material research. AFCRL here refers to the Air Force Cambridge Research Laboratories.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Mineral Sample
- Gallium Arsenide
- overall: 1.3 cm x 1 cm; 1/2 in x 3/8 in
- overall: box: 7/8 in x 2 in x 2 3/16 in; 2.2225 cm x 5.08 cm x 5.55625 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.