- The paper label on the container for this sample reads “S229 Nb Niobium / Frank Block - US Bur of Mines, Reno.” As an engineer with the U.S. Bureau of Mines, Frank Block (1922-2016) worked on the extraction and development of specialty metals.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Mineral Sample
- Associated Place
- United States: New Jersey
- overall: 9.8 cm x 2.5 cm; 3 7/8 in x in
- overall: 2 7/8 in x 1 1/16 in; 7.3025 cm x 2.69875 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.