- A paper tag associated with this specimen reads “S539 /y vanadate – Nb / Airtron Corp. / Don Lepore.”
- Airtron was a developer of radar and microwave communications equipment, in Linden, N.J., that was acquired by Litton Industries in 1958.
- Ref: Roger F. Belt, “Growth of Crystals at Airtron,” Proceedings, SPIE (1987).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Mineral Sample
- Yttrium Vanadate
- overall: 3.3 cm x 2.3 cm; 1 5/16 in x 7/8 in
- overall: 15/16 in x 1 1/4 in; 2.38125 cm x 3.175 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.