- Edward C. Jones of Warrensburg, Missouri, designed an improved invalid chair, and submitted this model with his patent application in 1878.
- Ref: Edward C. Jones, “Improvement in Invalid-Chairs,” U.S. Patent 204231 (May 23, 1878).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- chair, invalid, patent model
- Date made
- Edward C. Jones
- overall: 28 cm x 16 cm x 20 cm; 11 in x 6 5/16 in x 7 7/8 in
- overall: 11 in x 6 1/2 in x 8 in; 27.94 cm x 16.51 cm x 20.32 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.