- Jerry DeGrieck was elected to the Ann Arbor City Council as a member of the Human Rights Party, in 1972. Political observers did not believe the third party had much chance of winning any seats, but the party's liberal platform appealed to young voters and beat university professors running as Democrats in the 1st and 2nd wards.
- Object Name
- date made
- associated date
- place made
- United States: Michigan, Ann Arbor
- overall: 17 in x 11 in; 43.18 cm x 27.94 cm
- ID Number
- History, Reform Movements, Voting Rights
- Voting Rights
- See more items in
- Political and Military History: Political History, Womens History/Reform Movements Collection
- Princeton Posters
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.