- Chester Alan Arthur II, son of President Chester A. Arthur, removed this rose from his father’s buttonhole and a button from his coat before the casket was closed at the former president's funeral in November 1886.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- associated person
- Arthur, Chester A.
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- US LIBRARY OF CONGRESS (THROUGH NATHAN R. EINHORN)
- National Symbols
- See more items in
- Political and Military History: Political History, General History Collection
- Government, Politics, and Reform
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.