- Description (Brief)
- Formed in the shape of a top hat with upturned brim at sides. Hat stands with brim at top. Deep brown glaze with gray metallic luster. Entitled "Nine O'clock in the Evening"
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Top Hat
- Ohr, George E.
- place made
- United States: Mississippi, Biloxi
- Physical Description
- monochrome, black (overall surface decoration color name)
- ceramic, earthenware, coarse (overall material)
- ID Number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of James W. and Miriam Carpenter
- See more items in
- Home and Community Life: Ceramics and Glass
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.