- This molded white stoneware platter used for bread displays the Victorian love of proverbs through its inscription "Where reason rules the appetite obeys." around its rim.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- place made
- United States: Ohio, East Liverpool
- Physical Description
- white (overall color)
- ceramic (overall material)
- overall: 1 3/4 in x 10 1/2 in x 13 1/16 in; 4.445 cm x 26.67 cm x 33.17875 cm
- overall: 2 3/8 in x 13 1/8 in x 10 1/2 in; 6.0325 cm x 33.3375 cm x 26.67 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.