- This oboe was made by an unkown maker in Italy, 19th century. It is a piffaro oboe, made of cherry, with 8 fingerholes and 1 thumbhole. The instrument has a conical bore.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- 19th century
- place made
- Physical Description
- cherry (overall material)
- overall: 9 1/2 in x 2 3/8 in; 24.13 cm x 6.0325 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of The University Museum, University of Pennsylvania (through Dr. Robert H. Dyson)
- See more items in
- Culture and the Arts: Musical Instruments
- Music & Musical Instruments
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.