- This violin was made in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania around 1940-1950 by an unknown maker. The violin’s table and back are made of fibreboard, a type of engineered wood.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Date made
- Place Made
- United States: Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Adam Gallan
- See more items in
- Culture and the Arts: Musical Instruments
- Music & Musical Instruments
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.