Besson & Co. B-FlatA Cornet
Besson & Co. B-Flat/A Cornet
- Description (Brief)
This cornet was made by Besson & Co. in London, England about 1909.
It is a B-flat/A cornet, Proteano model serial #89458, made of silver plated brass with 3 piston valves. This cornet is engraved:
BESSON & CO.
198 EUSTON ROAD
6.4th Av. N.Y.SOLE AGENT U. STATES
Music publisher and musical instrument dealer Carl Fischer in New York was the sole sales agent in the United States for Besson instruments.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- Besson & Co.
- place made
- United Kingdom: England, London
- Physical Description
- brass (overall material)
- overall: 33.3 cm x 11.8 cm; x 13 1/8 in x 4 5/8 in
- overall: 13 1/16 in x 7 1/4 in x 4 3/4 in; 33.17875 cm x 18.415 cm x 12.065 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Cultural and Community Life: Musical Instruments
- Music & Musical Instruments
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.