- Description (Brief)
- This instrument is called a box zither or psaltery, perhaps made of walnut. Its shape is trapezoidal, and it has ten strings with their original pegs. Four round soundholes are carved into its surface. It has no frets.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- place made
- United States
- overall: 4.5 cm x 24 cm x 66.5 cm; 1 3/4 in x 9 7/16 in x 26 3/16 in
- overall: 2 7/16 in x 9 1/2 in x 26 1/4 in; 6.19125 cm x 24.13 cm x 66.675 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Cultural and Community Life: Musical Instruments
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.