- Raised letters on the back of this large counter balance read “STRUBLER / COMPUTING SCALE CO. / ELKHART / IND.” They refer to a short-lived firm that was established in 1906 by Charles G. Strubler (1855-1935), a mid-west machinist.
- Ref: Charles G. Strubler, “Scale-Beam,” U.S. Patent 662,367 (Nov. 20, 1900), assigned to Walter F. Stimpson.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- computing scale, fan chart
- Object Type
- date made
- around 1900
- Strubler Computing Scale Company
- place made
- United States: Indiana, Elkhart
- overall: 59.8 cm x 63.5 cm x 30.5 cm; 23 9/16 in x 25 in x 12 in
- overall: 23 1/2 in x 26 in x 11 in; 59.69 cm x 66.04 cm x 27.94 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of City of New York
- Weights & Measures
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.