- Washington Senators felt pennant. The Senators were twice a Major League Baseball (MLB) team. From 1901-1960 the franchise, also known as the Nationals was in the American League, relocating to Minnesota in 1961 and becoming the Twins.
- In 1961, MLB awarded Washington DC an expansion franchise, once again called the Senators. The team played for ten years as the Senators before moving to Texas to become the Rangers.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- pennant, baseball
- date made
- ca 1960
- associated institution
- Washington Senators
- Associated Place
- United States: District of Columbia
- Physical Description
- fabric, felt (overall material)
- overall: 5 in x 2 1/4 in; 12.7 cm x 5.715 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Major League
- See more items in
- Cultural and Community Life: Sport and Leisure
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.