- The inscription on one side of this cork press reads “ENTERPRISE MFG. CO. PHILA.” Those on the other side read “NEW YORK” and “NO. 1 / PAT. AUG. 7 / 1867.” The form was developed by C. L. Lochman of Carlisle, Pa.
- Ref: C. L. Lochman, “Improved Cork-Press,” U.S. Patent 68,098 (August 27, 1867).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Cork Press
- Other Terms
- Cork Press; Manufacturing And Dispensing Equipment
- Enterprise Manufacturing Company
- Physical Description
- wood (overall material)
- metal (overall material)
- overall: 4 7/8 in x 2 13/16 in x 9 1/2 in; 12.3825 cm x 7.14375 cm x 24.13 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Ferris State College, School of Pharmacy
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.