NBC RCA model parabolic condenser microphone on stand
NBC / RCA model parabolic condenser microphone on stand
- Model of a NBC / RCA parabolic condenser microphone on stand. Model black parabola on natural wood tripod marked NBC. Unit was made for display purposes in 1935. Parabolic microphones were designed to transmit wide area ambient sound. Parabola shell reflects and focuses incoming sounds to the diaphragm of the microphone. Used with condenser, inductor, and velocity microphones.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Parabolic Microphone
- condenser microphone
- Other Terms
- Parabolic Microphone; Audio Devices
- date made
- RCA Corporation
- overall: 16 in x 8 in x 6 in; 40.64 cm x 20.32 cm x 15.24 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- from National Broadcasting Company, Inc.
- See more items in
- Work and Industry: Electricity
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.