- The indications or uses for this product as provided by the manufacturer are: For the Prevention and Cure of Habitual Constipation and all conditions resulting from derangement and inactivity of the Stomach, Liver, Kidneys and Bowels. Promotes Digestion, Strengthens the Organs, Improves the Complexion, Relieves Biliousness, Foul Breath and Sallow Skin, by Removing the Cause.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- otc preparation
- Other Terms
- Patent Medicines; Drugs; Liquid
- Date made
- c. 1900
- Laxakola Company
- box: 5 3/8 in x 2 in x 1 1/4 in; 13.6525 cm x 5.08 cm x 3.175 cm
- bottle: 6 1/4 in x 1 7/8 in x 1 1/8 in; 15.875 cm x 4.7625 cm x 2.8575 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Tonics, Minerals & Vitamins
- Indigestion & Nausea Drugs
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Balm of America
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.