- This item is one of over 30 medical-military objects collected by Harold B. Price, Chief Pharmacist's Mate, U.S. Navy, during his deployment in the Pacific theater during World War II. The material is all associated with the Japanese military and most of the items were collected on Betio Island, Tarawa Atoll. The island was the site of intense fighting during the Battle of Tarawa, November 20-23, 1943.
- Mr. Price loaned the material to the Smithsonian in August, 1944, and it was immediately put on public display. The original loan included a Japanese microscope and accessories which were returned to Price in November 1946. The remainder of the material was retained in the collection as a permanent gift.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- otc preparation
- Other Terms
- Medicine, Mosquito Bites; Patent Medicines; Drugs; Non-Liquid
- place made
- associated place
- Japan: Japan
- overall: 3 1/4 in x 1 1/8 in; 8.255 cm x 2.8575 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- World War II
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.