- Dentimeters are used to measure the circumference of a tooth or crown. This example was designed by Edward Cameron Kirk (1856-1933), a professor of in the School of Dentistry at the University of Pennsylavnia.
- Ref: “Exact Dentimeter Designed by Edward C. Kirk,” Dental Cosmos 45 (1903): advertising section p. 26.
- “Dr. Edward C. Kirk,” New York Times (July 21, 1933), p. 17.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Other Terms
- overall: 1/4 in x 1/4 in x 5 1/2 in;.635 cm x.635 cm x 13.97 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Dr. James E. Aiguier
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.