- The inscription on the lid of this cardboard box reads in part “IMPROVED DENTAL / CAPSICUM PLASTER / 8 PLASTERS / PRICE $1.00 / PREPARED BY / FRANK B. DARBY, D.D.S. / 12? EAST WATER ST. ELMIRA, N.Y., U.S.A. / PATENTED FEB. 9, 1886.” The inventor and manufacturer was Franklin “Frank” Benjamin Darby (1846-1936).
- Ref: Frank B. Darby, “Dental Capsicum Plaster,” U.S. Patent 335,799 (Feb. 9, 1886).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- plasters, capsicum
- plasters, adhesive, dental
- Other Terms
- Plasters, Capsicum,; Dentistry
- patent date
- place made
- United States: New York, Elmira
- overall: 1/2 in x 2 3/4 in x 1 3/4 in; 1.27 cm x 6.985 cm x 4.445 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of University of Pennsylvania School of Dentistry
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.