- Patent model for Asa Hill and Samuel G. Blackman, “Composition for Filling Teeth,” U.S. Patent 6,110 (Feb. 13, 1849). Asa Hill (1815-1874) was a prominent dentist, and Samuel G. Blackman (1807-1886), a famous inventor, both of Norwalk, Ct., Their dental material was sold as Hill’s Stopping.
- Ref: Circular regarding the compound in The Dental News Letter 1 (April 1848): 28-31.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Cement, Dental
- dental cement
- Other Terms
- Cement, Dental; Dentistry
- overall: 2 in x 6 in x 1 in; 5.08 cm x 15.24 cm x 2.54 cm
- ID Number
- patent number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.