- Instrument probably designed for determining the length of root canals. An inscription in the lid of the case reads “M. L. RHEIN ENDOMETER / SOLE DISTRIBUTORS / 20TH CENTURY DENTAL BROCH CO. / CLEVELAND, OHIO.”
- Ref: Meyer L. Rhein, “Gage for Dental and Surgical Instruments,” U.S. Patent 1,327,114 (Jan. 6, 1920).
- “Dr. MEYER L. RHEIN, DENTIST, DIES AT 68,” New York Times (July 18, 1928), p. 21.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Other Terms
- overall: 1 in x 6 in x 1 1/2 in; 2.54 cm x 15.24 cm x 3.81 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of University of Pennsylvania School of Dentistry
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.