- Inscriptions on the cardboard box read in part, “DE TREY’S / DENTOCOLL / CAULK / FOR / ACCURATE / ONE-PIECE / IMPRESSIONS” and “MADE IN U.S.A. / BY THE L. D. CAULK CO.” Those on one side of the box read “REG. U.S. PAT. OFF. / DENTOCOL / U.K. PAT. 271,306 / U.S. PAT. 1,672,766 / OTHER PATS. PENDING / THE L. D. CAULK COMPANY / MANUFACTURING AND SELLING AGENTS FOR N. & S. AMERICA AND JAPAN / MILFORD, DEL. / TORONTO, CAN. / TOKYO, JAPAN.” Those on another side read in part “NEW FORM / CELLULOID TUBE / IS PATENTED / U.S. PAT. 1977580.”
- Dentocoll was introduced to the market in 1926, and received a trademark the following year.
- Ref: Carl March, “Case,” U.S. Patent 1,672,766 (June 8, 1928)
- Davis R. Grier, “Package for Reversible Hydrocolloid Plastic Material and Method of Using the Same,” U.S. Patent 1,077,580 (Oct. 16, 1934), assigned to The L. D. Caulk Co.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Other Terms
- L. D. Caulk Dental Depot, Inc.
- overall: 1 11/32 in x 5 1/4 in x 1 11/32 in; 3.429 cm x 13.335 cm x 3.429 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Doris H. Bratten (Mrs. Roscoe C. Bratten, D.D.S.)
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.