- A dotchin is a steelyard of Asian origin, sometimes termed an opium scale. This example was purchased in Osaka, Japan.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- beam, balance, opium
- Physical Description
- metal (counter weight material)
- string (?? material)
- overall, case: 1 1/8 in x 14 7/8 in x 3 in; 2.8575 cm x 37.7825 cm x 7.62 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.