- Patent model for George B. Snow and Theodore G. Lewis, “Improvement in Dental Pluggers,” U.S. Patent 59284 (Oct. 30, 1866; reissue Aug. 22, 1876). George B. Snow (1835-1923) and Theodore G. Lewis (1836-1920) were dentists in Buffalo, N.Y., who formed a partnership in 1866 and began manufacturing dental mallets. The following year they, along with E. T. Whitney and George E. Hayes, formed the Buffalo Dental Manufacturing Co.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- plugger, patent model
- dental instrument
- Other Terms
- Plugger; Plugger, Automatic, Snow and Lewis; Dentistry
- Sniff, Alta Belle
- Snow & Lewis
- place made
- United States: New York, Buffalo
- overall: 17.5 cm x 1.5 cm; x 6 7/8 in x 9/16 in
- overall: 7 in x 5/8 in; x 17.78 cm x 1.5875 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- patent number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.