- Dr. Horne’s electrotherapeutic belts, widely advertised in the 1880s, were based on patents issued to Charles N. West of California.
- Ref: Charles N. West, “Improvement in Electrotherapeutical Belts,” U.S. Patent 221,485 (Nov. 11, 1879).
- Charles N. West, “Galvanic Belt,” U.S. Patent 234,379 (Nov. 9, 1880).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Electrotherapeutic Apparatus, Electric Belt
- electrotherapeutic apparatus
- electric belt
- Other Terms
- Electrotherapeutic Apparatus, Electric Belt; Belt, Electric; Medicine
- place made
- United States: Illinois, Chicago
- overall: 2 in x 37 in; x 5.08 cm x 93.98 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mr. George R. Luoma
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.