- White ceramic crucible with lid, and “CHAMPION SILLIMANITE” inscription. Sillimanite is an aluminosilicate mineral with the chemical formula Al2SiO5, is named after the American chemist Benjamin Silliman (1779–1864).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Object Type
- Physical Description
- ceramic, porcelain (disjoint section material)
- overall -crucible: 1 in x 1 1/8 in; 2.54 cm x 2.8575 cm
- overall -lid: 1/2 in x 1 3/8 in; 1.27 cm x 3.4925 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Glasco Products Company. All items from their catalog - 1931.
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.