- Six-sided glass nursing bottle that can hold 8 oz. / 240 cc., that is graduated in ounces and cubic centimeters, that has an embossed “EVEN FLO” inscription, and that is equipped with a Dr. Griesinger rubber nipple and plastic screw cap with ring. The Pyramid Rubber Co. was established in 1920, and became Evenflo Co., Inc. in 1995. Walter H. Griesinger (ca. 1900-1965) was an orthodontist in Portland, Or.
- Ref: Walter H. Griesinger, “Nipple,” U.S. Design Patent 160,940 (Nov. 21, 1950).
- Walter H. Griesinger, “Baby Feeding Nipple,” U.S. Patent 2,537,583 (Jan. 9, 1951).
- Pyramid Rubber Co. ad for The Dr. Griesinger nipple in Modern Medicine (Feb. 15, 1953): 163.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Infant Feeder
- date made
- ca 1953
- Pyramid Rubber Company
- Place Made
- United States: Ohio, Ravenna
- Physical Description
- glass (overall material)
- plastic (cap material)
- rubber (nipple material)
- overall: 19.5 cm x 5.2 cm; 7 11/16 in x 2 1/16 in
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of the Pyramid Rubber Company, through B. R. Frost, General Sales Manager; Accession 197802 (1953)
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.