- Dental tools with ivory handles, some with a “J. BIDDLE-N.Y.” inscription. John Biddle was an dental instrument maker in New York active in the mid-nineteenth century.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- foil trimmers
- Other Terms
- ?; Dentistry
- overall - average: 1/2 in x 5 1/2 in; 1.27 cm x 13.97 cm
- overall - each: 1/4 in x 5 5/8 in; x.635 cm x 14.2875 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of University of Pennsylvania School of Dentistry
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.