- The tag on the front of the case reads “THE TORSION BALANCE CO. / CLIFTON, NEW JERSEY – MADE IN U.S.A.” and “CAUTION. BEFORE SHIPPING THIS BALANCE / OBTAIN INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE FACTORY” and “STYLE D.R.X. No. 72803 CAP 120 G CLASS A.” Another tag reads “PATENT APPLIED FOR.” The Smithsonian acquired this example in 1961.
- Ref: The Torsion Balance Co., Chemical and Laboratory Balances (New York, 1920), p. 6.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Torsion Balance
- date made
- Torsion Balance Company
- Place Made
- United States: New Jersey, Clifton
- Physical Description
- glass, ?, transparent (overall material)
- metal (overall material)
- overall: 8 1/4 in x 11 1/2 in x 6 1/4 in; 20.955 cm x 29.21 cm x 15.875 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Weights & Measures
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.