- This balance has an 8-inch skeletal nickel-plated beam, nickel-plated hangers and pans, and ivory scale marked “HENRY TROEMNER / PHILADELPHIA.” The Eastlake-style wood base has one drawer and a reddish marble top. Troemner termed it a prescription scale.
- Ref: Henry Troemner, Price List of Fine Scales and Weights (Philadelphia, 1889), p. 22.
- Henry Heil, Illustrated Catalogue and Price-List of Chemical Apparatus (St. Louis, 1903), p. 114.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1880
- place made
- United States: Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- overall: case: 45.5 cm x 42 cm x 21.5 cm; 17 29/32 in x 16 17/32 in x 8 15/32 in
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Schrader's Pharmacy, through Harry L. Schrader
- Weights & Measures
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.