- This type of obstetrical forceps was associated with Sir James Young Simpson (1811-1870), a Scottish obstetrician.
- Ref: James Young Simpson, “On the Mode of Application of the Long Forceps,” Edinburgh Monthly Journal of Medical Science (Sept. 1848): 193-.
- George Tiemann & Co., Armamentarium Chirurgicum (New York, 1879), p. 104.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Forceps, Obstetrical, Simpson
- obstetrical forceps
- Other Terms
- Forceps, Obstetrical, Simpson; Medicine
- overall: 2 7/8 in x 2 1/2 in x 14 in; 7.3025 cm x 6.35 cm x 35.56 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- from Edgar Haybeck, M.D., Obstetric & Gynecology, Centreal Medico-Surgical Clinic, West Allis WI
- Women's Health
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.