- A label on this instrument reads “THE / WOTTRING / TROPO-SCOPE / U.S.A. PATENT NO. 2316139 / MODEL NO. 45-B / SERIAL NO. 1045.” Le Roy Wottring devised several optical instruments and assigned his patents to the Wottring Instrument Co. in Ohio. That firm was purchased by American Optical in 1950.
- Ref: Le Roy Wottring, “Orthoptic Instrument,” U.S. Patent 2,316,139 (April 6, 1943).
- Object Name
- Other Terms
- Troposcope; Diagnostic Medicine
- overall: 13 3/4 in x 17 7/8 in x 12 1/4 in; 34.925 cm x 45.4025 cm x 31.115 cm
- ID Number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History