DuSharme Hair ConditionerDressing and Dab -The Man's Hair Dressing
DuSharme Hair Conditioner/Dressing and Dab -The Man's Hair Dressing
- The indications or uses for this product as provided on its packaging:
- DuSharme gives new beauty and manageability to the hair, protects and enhances hair coloring and permanents. It restores the softness, sheen, and pliability that harsh shampoos, sprays, permanents, coloring, and the sun steal from the hair. It never streaks or discolors! Recommended by leading hair stylists.
- Dab, The Man’s Hair Dressing. Groom your hair he-man handsome! Massage a little DAB into the hair and scalp. Look debonair all day long! And you’re set for all night too! DAB leaves no tell-tale stains on any pillow case, upholstery, or your hat band. DAB’s for grooming, not greasing!
- These two hair dressing products were packaged together and sold for one dollar as "Buy one - get one free." Dusharme, "the pearl of hair cremes" was targeted to women, and DAB, "the man's hair dressing," targeted to men. This item probably dates to the early 1960s.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- hair care product
- hair dressing
- date made
- ca 1960
- DuSharme Products
- place made
- United States: Minnesota, Minneapolis
- overall: 6 1/8 in x 6 1/2 in x 1 5/8 in; 15.5575 cm x 16.51 cm x 4.1275 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- The Fournet Drugstore Collection
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Beauty and Hygiene Products: Hair Care and Enhancement
- Health & Medicine
- American Enterprise
- Beauty and Health
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.