- This graphometer, purchased in Paris ca. 1890 and probably made there as well, has a silvered semicircle that is graduated to 30 minutes, numbered clockwise and counterclockwise. It is read by verniers at either end of the alidade to single minutes. There is a level on the alidade.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Engineering Societies' Library
- overall: 9 in; 22.86 cm
- needle: 2 1/2 in; 6.35 cm
- overall in box: 7 in x 10 in x 7 1/2 in; 17.78 cm x 25.4 cm x 19.05 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Engineering Societies Library
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.