- A Washington, D.C., policeman, Thomas Oriani, received this watch as a Christmas present in 1890 from the jewelers on his Seventh Street beat in appreciation for his keeping a protective eye on their businesses.
- The watch movement—marked “Appleton, Tracy & Co., Waltham, Mass.” and with serial number 4299303—was made by the American Waltham Watch Company.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1890
- American Waltham Watch Co.
- place made
- United States
- Physical Description
- gold (watch case material)
- nickel (watch movement material)
- overall: 3 1/8 in x 2 in x 1/2 in; 7.9375 cm x 5.08 cm x 1.27 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- William J. Oriani, Mrs. Edith Oriani Fitzgerald, Mrs. Ethel Oriani Reel, Mrs. Helen Oriani Collins
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.