- This is a particularly heavy compound binocular with quadruple nosepiece, rectangular mechanical stage, inclination joint, sub-stage condenser, sub-stage mirror, and U-shaped base. The inscription reads “AO / SPENCER.” The 170751 serial number indicates a date of around 1941.
- This was owned by Oscar W. Richards (1902-1988), biologist and microscopist.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- microscope objective
- date made
- ca 1941
- Spencer Lens Company
- place made
- United States: New York, Buffalo
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Oscar W. Richards, Ph.D
- Science & Scientific Instruments
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.