- This is an example of the “New Triumph Plate Glass Box Prescription Scale” that, Troemner boasted, was “Built like the Wise Man’s House—upon a Rock. No springs to snap. Strongly built, yet sensitive—all Bearings of Selected Russian Agates.” The inscription on the ivory scale reads “HENRY TROEMNER / PHILADELPHIA.” That on the brass tag on the base reads: “HENRY TROEMNER / MAKER / PHILADELPHIA, PA.” The large red cardboard box is marked “NEW / TRIUMPH / AGATE BEARINGS CRYSTAL BOX / PRESCRIPTION SCALE / NO. 542 / HENRY TROEMNER, PHILADELPHIA, PA. U.S.A.
- Ref: Henry Troemner ad in The Spatula 20 (1913): 616.
- Henry Troemner, Catalogue (Philadelphia, 1916), p. 20.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- around 1925
- Torsion Balance Company
- place made
- United States: Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- overall: 32.6 cm x 22 cm x 17.2 cm; 12 13/16 in x 8 11/16 in x 6 3/4 in
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy
- Weights & Measures
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.