12 Dollar, China, 1910
1/2 Dollar, China, 1910
- Description (Brief)
- One (1) 1/2 dollar coin, pattern, Hsuan T'ung
- China, (1910)
- Obverse Image: Above a circle are four Manchu characters, to the sides are floral designs, below is Chinese text; within a central pearled ring is Chinese Text.
- Obverse Text: Translation: (MANCHU TEXT) / GREAT / CHING / DYNASTY / SILVER / COIN / 50 / CENTS
- Reverse Image: In the center is a new dragon design surrounded by a pearled ring' beween the ring and the border are Chinese texts, to the right and left of the inner ring are two 7 pointed rosettes, below is English text.
- Reverse Text: Translation: MADE / DURING / THE / REIGN / OF / HSUEN / TUNG / 1/2 DOLLAR
- General Information: Manchu and Chinese characters.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Date made
- place made
- China: Tianjin, Tianjin
- associated place
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- overall: 1 mm x 33 yd; 1/32 in x 30.1752 m
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Chase Manhattan Bank
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.