- A goblet-shaped drug jar with a foot. The jar has a white-glazed background with a cobalt blue cartouche, decorated with a basket flanked by two birds.
- On a visit to Washington, DC in 1983, Dutch Historian of pharmacy D.A. Wittop Koning spent time examining with the Bristol-Myers Squibb Collection. Koning made a list of the mortars and jar jars he felt were misidentified. He felt this particular jar was a replica.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Other Terms
- Jar; Pharmaceutical Container
- Date made
- 1700 - 1799
- Physical Description
- ceramic (overall material)
- overall: 14 cm x 8.5 cm; 5 1/2 in x 3 3/8 in
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of American Pharmaceutical Association and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.