- Gothic beaker-shaped vessel with a wide flaring rim and a large square handle applied to the body. Five vertical ribs extend down the body from the edge of the neck to the base.
- Urdang attributes this gothic mortar to the late 15th century Germanic states.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Other Terms
- mortar; MANUFACTURING & DISPENSING EQUIP.
- Associated Name
- Mayer, Jo
- Physical Description
- bronze (overall material)
- gothic (overall style)
- overall: 7 cm x 18.9 cm; 2 3/4 in x 7 7/16 in
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- collector/donor number
- SAP 358
- Credit Line
- Gift of American Pharmaceutical Association and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- European Apothecary
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.