- Cast bronze mortar with two applied handles at the waist of the vessel. Flowers and leaves scattered around the waist sit above six vertical bands just above the foot of the mortar. The decoration is worn down. Urdang attributes this mortar to 15th century France.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Physical Description
- bronze (overall material)
- overall: 12 cm x 15 cm; 4 3/4 in x 5 7/8 in
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- collector/donor number
- Credit Line
- Gift of American Pharmaceutical Association and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.