Profile profile for wendtdl
B.A., College of William and Mary, 1982
History of pharmacy, vaccines and biologicals, contraception, botanical drugs, patent medicines, consumer health products, manufacturing and advertising.
- Antibodies Initiative, in progress, web catalog and public programs exploring antibody technologies including vaccines, diagnostics and drugs.
- Changing American Medicine, exhibition in progress, opening Spring 2019
- Modern Medicine and the Great War, exhibition, April 2017- January 2019
- Cosmetics and Personal Care Products in the Medicine and Science Collections, web catalog
- Science Under Glass, exhibition, September 2015-September 2016
- From DNA to Better Beer: Harnessing Nature in Medicine and Industry, collaborative exhibition with the National Library of Medicine, opening Oct 2013 at NLM
- The Birth of Biotech, exhibition, opening October 2013
- "So Much Need of Service" The Diary of a Civil War Nurse, exhibition, 2011
- Marketing Medicines, 1880-1930, exhibition, 2008
- Whatever Happened to Polio? exhibition, 2005
- Balm of America, web catalog of patent medicine collection
- History of the Sterling Drug Company
- History of the G.W. Aimar Drug Company of Charleston, S.C.
- Pharmaceutical archival collections at the Smithsonian
- Extending the Legacy: Planning America's Capital for the 20th Century exhibition, 1996-7
American Association for the History of Medicine
American Institute for the History of Pharmacy
This brochure, based on an 1875 panoramic photo, provides a brief history of the design of the National Mall.