Profile profile for GonzalvesTh
- Ph.D., Comparative Culture, University of California, Irvine
- M.A., Political Science, San Francisco State University
- B.S., Political Science, Santa Clara University
- Comparative Cultural Studies
- Filipino American and Asian Pacific American History
- Culture and the Performing Arts
- Singing Truth to Power: A History of Paredon Records
- Collected Works by tongue in A mood (with Allan S. Manalo)
- The Craft of Exile: Essays on Filipino American Cultural Histories
Awards, Honors, and Special Recognition:
- 2013, Smithsonian Senior Fellow
- 2009, Moeson Fellow, Library of Congress
- 2004-2005, U.S. Fulbright Scholar (Philippines)
- 2002, Meet the Composer Award
- American Studies Association
- Association for Asian American Studies (President, 2018-2020)
Migrant Musicians: Filipino Entertainers and the Work of Music Making. With R. Zamora Linmark, Karen Tongson, and Sarita Echavez See. Center for Art and Thought, 2013.
Carlos Villa and the Integrity of Spaces. Meritage Press, 2012.
Filipinos in Hawai'i. With Roderick N. Labrador. Arcadia Publishing, 2011.
The Day the Dancers Stayed: Performing in the Filipino/American Diaspora. Temple University Press, 2009.
Stage Presence: Conversations with Filipino American Performing Artists. Meritage Press, 2007.