Profile profile for StaitiA
B.S., Textiles and Apparel Design, Cornell University
M.A., History and Museum Studies, University of Delaware
Ph.D., Science and Technology Studies, Cornell University
My research draws on history of technology, body studies, science studies, and visual studies. I write about the technical and aesthetic practices of scientific and computer graphic modeling and visual cultures of computing in late twentieth century United States. My academic background combines fashion history and practice, material culture studies, and science and technology studies.
I have worked at several museums and special collections, primarily in the Mid-Atlantic region. I advocate for critical and thoughtful collections stewardship, expanded access to collections, and transparency and cross-disciplinary communication in museum practice.
- History of technology
- History of computer graphics and animation
- History of scientific and artistic models; history of body modeling
- Feminist science studies
- Material culture and visual studies
- Cultural history of 20th c. U.S.
Curator of the History of Computers and Information Sciences
- Society for the History of Technology
- History of Science Society