Profile profile for bedij
History of invention, history of photography, new media
Lead co-editor of Lemelson Center Studies in Invention and Innovation book series published with MIT Press; historical research and writing; managing the Lemelson Center website; developing exhibitions.
Exhibitions at the National Museum of American History:
- Inventive Minds: Women Inventors (2018-2019)
- Inventive Minds: Sporting Inventions (2017-2018)
- Inventive Minds: Inventing Green (2016-2017)
- Solar on the Line (2016-2018)
- Places of Invention (2015-)
- Inventive Minds: Everyone Is Inventive (2015-2016)
- Hot Spots of Invention showcase exhibit (2009-2012)
- Toying with Invention (2008–2012)
- Sporting Invention showcase exhibit (2008–2009, 1999-2001)
- The Inventive Side of Nobel showcase exhibit (2001-2002)
- Nobel Voices: Celebrating 100 Years of the Nobel Prize (2001)
- Who Invented the Environment? showcase exhibit (1999)
- The Colors of Invention showcase exhibit (1997-1998)
- Everyday Inventions showcase exhibit (1995-1997)
Exhibitions at other museums:
- Flashes of Inspiration: The Work of Harold Edgerton, MIT Museum, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1998-2008)
- Never Stop Learning: The Life and Legacy of Harold Edgerton, Strobe Alley, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1997-ongoing)
- Hugging Red Hannah: Corporal Punishment in New Castle, New Castle (Del.) Historical Society, (1991-1992)
- From Inventor to Scientist: Elihu Thomson, 1885-1910, Swampscott (Mass.) Administration Building (1986-1987)
- Edison after the Electric Light: The Challenge of Success traveling exhibition, National Museum of American History, (1986-1989)
An overview of the invention of Technicolor.
Companion book to the Places of Invention exhibition.
An anthology of essays on the role of invention in mitigating environmental issues.